The Professional Bio
Rhonda has been a freelance writer since 2008, publishing with educational websites, numerous websites, and parenting magazines. For several years, she worked with The Women Bloggers, a talent book of “savvy content crafters and marketers,” helping provide content and social media to organizations and companies across several southern states.
A licensed educator, Rhonda received her B.A. in Curriculum & Instruction and her M.A. in Special Education from Wichita State University and she maintains her teaching certificate and licensure. Her experience includes teaching public school and working in home-based early intervention with chidlren and families.
Print publications include Peekaboo Family Magazine, Chicken Soup for the Soul, Simply Family Magazine, Orlando Family Magazine, Calgary’s Child, and Parents & Kids Magazine. Online publications include Education.com, NWAMotherlode.com, MSNBC/The TODAY Show Mom blog, DailyWritingTips.com, Lifetime Television’s The Balancing Act, NorthTexasKids.com, and AmericaSaves.org.
Her past freelance gig titles include: managing editor of ParentingSquad.com, and food & cooking columnist for Peekaboo parenting magazine. She is a contributing editor for Project Eve.
The Personal Me
- I am a transplanted city girl, having moved from the sidewalks and sirens of the city, to the woods of Northwest Arkansas.
- I am wife to a pilot and the mom of three boys.
- Personal title: home operations specialist.
- My favorite down-time activities are reading, watching movies, and snacking on popcorn. Not necessarily in that order, but sometimes all at once.
- Loves: music, sunshine, water, long walks.